Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Amira Again

I watched the video, embedded in my post immediately prior to this one, several times tonight. I just could not get over that voice because as I said, to me, it was angelic. It, of course, being the voice of Amira Willighagen, the winner of the 2013 Holland's Got Talent television show.

I also did a bit more searching and wound up listening to a couple of other songs she sang in her run on Holland's Got Talent. Among those songs were the ones she sang for the semi-final and the one with which she won first place. As I said, I am no fan of opera and as I have said many times before, I am not religious (at least any more) and thus I can tell you I am not a big fan of religious music either. Yet, I used to be a practicing catholic and can say without doubt that there remains within me an ember that is rekindled to a spiritual blaze when I hear certain pieces that I used to hear in church, especially those heard during the Christmas season. One of those songs was Ave Maria. Listen to it here, it may be the most impressive version I have ever heard, and somehow it comes from the mouth of a 9 year old child. Maybe I was right in my prior post about her in as much as me saying she has an angelic voice but if I was right it is only because maybe she is indeed an angel among us.

Here is Amira Willighagen, singing the song that got her through the semi-final of Holland's Got Talent on December 21, 2013.



I have to tell you, I am absolutely floored. If her voice is not divinely inspired, heavenly and angelic then I do not what ever has been so. It is strange for me that I find myself saying that but she does seem to be heaven sent. Maybe the word that best describes her voice, and her singing ability, is miraculous!

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: