Sunday, March 3, 2013

So My Current Blog Header Pic...

 
...probably isn't something you would see on Wirecutter's, Pissed's, Jay's, Jen's or Jo's blogs but it sure as hell fits right in with how I feel about the Easter Bunny. Being that Easter is pretty much right around the corner, and that Easter Bunnies, of all descriptions (including vicious white ones), are about to invade many homes (maybe even mine), I find my blog header pic as rather seasonally appropriate. That is, it is fitting in a Gomez Addams (he was always well prepared) and a Monty Python (so were they mostly well prepared) sort of way.



Living in NY, I'll have to settle for a handgun as my bunny killer. So, I chose my trusty ten shot S&W Model 17. After all, I am willing to bet that The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch has been banned under the NY SAFE Act. One thing is for sure, I am not letting on if its having been banned makes me a felon!

As for how I envision Easter Bunnies, I could see them looking a lot like this one, innocent, cuddly and sweet. I can also see them as being demonic pests acting much like the white rabbit of Monty Python lore. (Those guys must have watched a lot of Elmer chasing down that other pesky widdle wabbit, don't ya think!) So, after I finish one of 'em off with my trusty .22, I figure it will soon enough wind up looking like the one below and taste even better than he looks.


Easter Bunnies can be simply delicious if properly stewed (just one of thousands of recipes but not the recipe for the one pictured). Don't try this with chocolate bunnies because they tend to melt.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: