Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Bad Habit That Sure Has Made Life Interesting

Not the needle tearing a hole but, in one way or another, hurting myself throughout my life and screwing up my chances of living in peaceful, painless, ignorant bliss. How does the purported Chinese saying go: "May you lead an interesting life"! It is supposedly a curse and not the wish for good fortune that many may think it. Well life certainly has been interesting.

A friend of mine always used to say: "Ignorance is bliss" and I used to think how I would never be so lucky as to enjoy it. Now, I am actually happy I never lived that way and instead chose to live an interesting life. It sure has not been easy. Then again, I think, for the most part that it sure has been fun and promises to remain so for awhile. I would not change how I lived it except maybe not to have hurt any others, undeserving of pain, along the way.



All the best,
GB

No comments: