Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Complaint About My Blog Photos - I Do Get Complaints

I recently posted about my new Obama T-shirt. The complaints usually are post-specific and are usually left in the comments section of my blog posts. I usually answer those complaints right in the comments section but today I will answer the most recent complaint I received right here in this blog post.

Here is the complaint from the comments to the Obama T-shirt post:

"Anonymous17 June, 2012 08:52

It's funny how you wear a shirt making a bold statement like that, then post up a picture that the average viewer/reader can barely see.

Then when one clicks on your profile all they get is a small face pic. Lol cmon now if you going to post a pic at least post one that has good lighting.

And the reason why I'm anonymous is because I don't have an account created for any of the profile options.
"

Hey Anonymous, what is amazing is you would make that comment, saying it is funny, that I do not post a larger or better picture of myself on my blog yet you commented anonymously and gave a truly lame excuse as to why in justification of your own action to disguise you identity. While you tried to justify your own action, you did not ask me if there was justification for the crappy photo of me in the t-shirt or for the small profile pic.

I will explain, not that you deserve an answer, being that you are not respectful enough to post your name with your comment but because I feel like it and because it will satisfy the curiosity of others who made read your comment. As for you, you could have easily signed your comment with your name by typing it in at the bottom of your comment. You could have very easily registered so that your name would show without you remaining anonymous, well if mom or dad let you register with your name. Yet, you apparently chose to register in a fashion that would keep you labelled as anonymous and hide your identity. There are other ways to register so your identity will show - that is if you are honest about the identity with which you register. So, you easily could have registered in a way that your name would come up each time you comment and as I already pointed out, you could just have signed your real name or at least first name on the comment you left. Please, don't make up ludicrous excuses as to why your name does not appear and expect me to believe them and please do not give me a line of seeming bullshit about why you say it is posted anonymously when you could have easily made it otherwise.

As for the shitty pic of me in the Obama shirt, it is due to my camera being on its last legs. I have complained about it (the camera not working properly) in posts sometime during the past several months. Right now, I have to prioritize my spending because I am on a limited income due to my recent retirement and due to the fact that I am receiving less than 65% of my retirement payments until my pension is finalized (that has been no secret on my blog either). Thus I have made do with a camera on which the flash usually does not work, on which the button to take the pic only works about 40% of the time and which often does not focus correctly. I take what I can get with it. Lately it has not worked at all, that T-shirt shot may be the last pic the camera will have taken. Anyway, the pic shows the shirt clearly enough (at least enough for you to say it makes a bold statement) which was the item of interest in the relative blog post.

As far as me making a bold statement, by wearing that shirt, is that bold - posting a pic of it on my blog? I think not. I do not even think it bold, to actually wear the shirt during the course of a normal day. When I wear the shirt out, when I go to the range, or to do some shopping, or when I go elsewhere, it is even more visible to more people than in the lousy photo on my blog and I am right there in person wearing it. I have gotten some great comments on it. In fact, all the comments I have gotten have been positive, very much so. When I wear it out, everyone I encounter or pass by can see it plainly and can see me plainly too. So what is your point again about the bold statement and my picture being barely visible to the average viewer? (I guess your eyesight is pretty good though for you to have commented on the boldness of the statement.) I can tell you what is not bold: Leaving an anonymous comment to complain about someone's blog is not bold, it is disrespectful too.

As for the small pic in my profile, so what. That is how it came out. It is a profile pic for a blog not a portfolio pic for my new career as a male model. Anyway - on my profile it is a good 2x3 inches (on my screen) - larger than many on other profiles. Many, if not most profile pics, do not enlarge when you click on them. Mine does. If you would like to see larger pics of me, even videos of me, search through the blog, there are quite a few.  Here look at this one, it is one of my favorite self taken photos. Or you can look at this one, not the most flattering but another clear photo of me.

By the way, if you still think my profile pic is too small, and if you use MS Windows 7, why not enlarge the screen view by clicking on the magnify icon on the status bar. You can enlarge the view up to at least 150%. If you have other than Windows, I would bet you could do that with any OS.

Many people, who blog, would not even accept and post an anonymous comment like yours on their blogs. I not only accepted and posted it, I have done one better, I have blogged about it. Ooh what a bold statement I have made, it makes me tingle all over (sarcasm). 

FUCK OBAMA (straightforward statement, the word fuck used in the non-sexual context).

All the best,
Glenn B  

No comments: