Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nuns (and guns)

I was schooled by nuns of the  Dominican Order in grammar school. They were some tough old coots (and some young but they all seemed old to me at the time). I went to summer camp because of those nuns (and other things), where I learned, from Marist brothers, how to shoot rifles (BB and 22 rimfire). Lately I have been thinking about those nuns, for some reason, and wondering what nuns would look like today if they advocated things like summer camp where kids could learn how to use guns. I found a picture, online, that pretty much sums up how I think a modern nun, who advocated gun rights, might look like.

Scary, isn't it. Cool too. Not very realistic though and not because she is holding an AK but because there are just so few nuns left today who wear the habit.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: