Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Full Moon Tonight & The Wolfman...

...that is the movie The Wolfman and some bone chilling moments were in the stars for me tonight (I guess last night by now since it is just after midnight here in AZ). I did not need a Gypsy fortune teller to read my palm to tell me any of that. After all, there was a full moon out, clouds eerily sped by hiding then revealing the moon's cold face, and rain seemed inevitable. So I was off to the theater figuring to get some thrills and chills from a classic horror themed movie. Sadly, there was not a single scream, gasp, nor even a mere "oh my" from anyone in the audience throughout the duration of this oft times slow and boring werewolf movie. I thought for one brief moment there had been a gasp, then realized someone was yawning. Seems I cannot win when it comes to seeing a good movie while here in Phoenix. First I walked out of The Book of Eli about 1/2 way through because the media quality was terrible (scratched and dirty) and besides that the movie was truly extremely boring (although a coworker told me while he found it boring too, the ending was worth thee wait). Then I watched this one hoping for something a least in the thrilling range if not actually scary. At least I stayed all the way through this one but I was disappointed. Let me just put it this way, the movie was mediocre at best.

After the movie had ended and as I walked back to my apartment I realized I had been right about one thing - that I would be getting some chills tonight - it was raining and quite cool and I had to zip up my fleece and turn up my collar. Not exactly the type of chills I had been anticipating though but chills nonetheless.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: