Friday, August 29, 2008

Well The Hoopla Is Over...

...at least for now, along with all its pomp and circumstance (and there was plenty of pomp), the Democratic Convention is a thing of the past. Senator Barack Obama has accepted his party's nomination with what was probably one of the better speeches I have ever heard him give (nope i did not listen to all of it, but did listen to quite a bit of it. A know thy enemy political opposition sort of a thing there; he did and said nothing to convince me he is the right man for the presidency. As a matter of fact he convinced me more than ever that he is not the man for the job.

Now I suppose the new hoopla will begin today in that today Senator John McCain is to announce his pick for running mate, his choice of vice presidential candidate. I keep hoping beyond hope it is a certain extremely intelligent, hard working and well suited lady (you all know whom I mean) but I suppose I'll have to wait just like everyone else, until Senator McCain announces, to find out.

One note of interest, Senator McCain is a classy guy. Have you seen his latest campaign commercial. It is totally about him congratulating Barack Obama on his nomination as the opposing party's candidate. What a relief from negative campaigning that I am sure is not over yet, and certainly what seemed to be a genuine acknowledgement of accomplishment from McCain to Obama. Now though, I think, the gloves will come off and McCain will not only bloody some noses, he will whoop some ass and win an election by defeating Obama.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: