Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Heller Decision

You already know what they are saying about it I suppose, but if not, well they are saying that an individual's right to keep and bear arms was upheld by the Supreme Court as a Constitutional right. If that is correct, that is great. Yet, I have my suspicions that the states will continue to enact and enforce restrictive anti-firearms regulations and laws as allowed or provided for by the decision and beyond - especially states like NJ, CA, NY, MA and so on. The Heller decision, of course, is a move in the right direction though, or so it would seem. When I get the chance I will read the decision, probably bedtime reading over the weekend - it is kind of long.

If you would be interested in reading the decision, as government was kind enough to supply a copy of it, go here:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: