Sunday, August 20, 2006

Luscious Libations 1...

A glass of Chardonnay on ice. To be more specific, a glass of Chardonnay Bourgogne (a white wine) by Louis Jadot. The vintage probably does not matter, this is a fairly common table wine, but if it does matter to some of you then allow me to say the one I am currently enjoying is 2002. As I recall this is one of those rather simple pleasures that should be affordable by just about anyone in this country, I am pretty sure it was less than $12 for the bottle. For me it usually is a one or two glass at a sitting kind of thing. Right now, as I sit here typing this rant, I am enjoying a sip now and then between keystrokes. Everyone else has already retired for the night and I am left alone with the computer, the keyboard, my thoughts and the wine. Not a bad arrangement at all, I highly recommend it to those of legal drinking age who are responsible, and do not have problems with alcohol, consumption.

I am also a fan of other white whines and also some red whines. More about them as I enjoy them. I am a bigger fan of beers and ales, likewise more on them in the futre. For now though let me tell you this glass of whine is going quite well with my mood and with my writing. It makes for a bit more of an enjoyanle night time entry into the land of the virtual rant.

No comments: