Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Got A Nice One...

 ...from a Hessney auction. It is a Remington 870 Express Magnum, 3" chamber, with a fully rifled barrel with rifle sights. It appears to be in unfired condition. No loss of finish at all on the mag tube is a pretty good indication it has not been shot or at least no shot a lot. Not as pretty as a Remington 870 Wingmaster but it will do for home defense or deer hunting.
 
 
 
Me thinks this one is a keeper. I have two other 870s; one is another Express 2 3/4" chamber, also with a wood stock but not a magnum and the third looks like an Express but does not say so on the receiver, it has a black synthetic stock and also has a 3" chamber. I believe that last one is also unfired. The first one has had the hell shot out of it. I got that in the mid 1980's and have used it for everything from trap shooting, to deer and small game hunting, to home defense to an authorized personal long arm on my job when I was a federal agent. I do like my 870s.
 
I've got some extra 870 barrels around here someplace, one is a 20" barrel that is fully rifled with rifle sights, another is an 18" smoothbore with bead front sight only, and the third is a 20" smoothbore with rifle sights. Until sabot slugs become available again, at a decent price, I think the 20" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights is going on this new shotgun.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Sarthurk said...

Long ago, I bought one in 3 in. mag. Composite stock, and mag tub extension added later on. Pretty much the country home, what are you doing here at my place? sorta firearm. Nice!