Sunday, October 6, 2019

Birthday Bier

I was officially a year older yesterday. Brendan took me out for lunch, at the Bavarian Grill in Plano, TX, after we left the Premiere Gun Show at the Big Town Events Center over near Dallas yesterday. 

Look at these photos and all I can say is what a difference a bier makes. I only had one (seriously because I was driving - I waited until I got home later to do more imbibing). I was happy regardless; heck I was getting free bier and eats and had excellent company.


For some reason or another though, someone did not seem all that ready to smile for the camera. Maybe that was because he was paying or because his company was not as good as mine!


About 1/2 hour later, on the second bier, it seems it was much easier to smile. Maybe because I asked him to smile for his mom.

Deutche bier does it every time, brings out a smile that is!
We had some gutt bier und essen. Then a quick stop back at the show and then we headed to my place near Texarkana. Spent a couple of hours talking and drinking and watching TV before he was snoring on his airbed in my living room. I watched the rest of a movie and then headed up to my bed to catch some Zs. Not a bad way at all to have spent my birthday, in  fact it was excellent. Brendan headed home to Benton, AR today. Cannot wait to see him again soon.

In the mean time, I have my tortoises for company and hopefully soon will have a dog.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: