Monday, October 1, 2018

Red Ryder Rides Again But This Time...

...in an adult sized version that is being offered for what Daisy Outdoor Products says will be a very limited time. Here are some a blurbs from their press release:
 
"Rogers, AR– Daisy Outdoor Products, the most-recognized name in airguns worldwide and maker of the famous Red Ryder BB gun, has finally answered the calls of consumers for an adult-sized Red Ryder (Model 1938ARR). The bigger Red Ryder comes in two kits available only through www.daisy.com"
 
And:
 
"The new adult-sized Red Ryder is available in two kits. The first kit is for shooters who already have a regular sized Red Ryder. It includes the new Model 1938ARR, a Rocket Shot Target Launcher so you and your youth can shoot together, shooting glasses (so no-one shoots their eye out) and a tube containing 350 BBs.
 
"The second kit is perfect for new shooters or as the perfect Christmas gift for two. It includes the new Model 1938ARR, a regular-sized Red Ryder Model 1938, the Rocket Shot Target Launcher, shooting glasses and a tube of 350 BBs."

" The Model 1938ARR is available in a very limited number so shop while supplies last." (source).
 
Here is how I responded to that: 

*****
 
Your Order Confirmation
Thank you for your order. Please print or save this page as your confirmation. An email was sent to you with your order details, a second email will be sent once your order is shipped.

Order Reference No: D0-xxxx
Order Date: 10/1/2018
Billing & Shipping Information

Bill to:
Glenn Bxxxxx

Ship to:
Glenn Bxxxxx

*****
I did not wait. I ordered this to give my grandson as a birthday present. He will have to wait though, because he gets it when he turns 9 years old (best birthday - last one in single digits). He just turned 2 but 7 years goes by quicker than he would think possible. Hopefully it truly  will be a very limited run and it will be worth something as a collectible by then. Of course, it will always be worth the fun the set will give to him and his mom & dad when they teach him to shoot it and they too have their own Red Ryder - an adult sized one - with which to demonstrate and to join in on the fun.
 
You know, I don't think I ever gave my daughter or son a BB gun. My daughter was into shooting until the age of boys. My son - he was another story. He got his first rifle - an Armscor 14Y - either when he turned 9 or 10 (think it was when he was 10 to appease my wife but it might have been at 9 as I had wanted). Anyway, he has remained a shootist. I just shipped him a Savage Model 93 BTVSS in 22 WMR today. When he reads this, I hope he posts a comment to remind me if I ever gave him a BB gun or (if as I recall) we went straight to a 22.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: