Saturday, July 14, 2018

Shooting Skill = Not Bad At All

 
 
The boy (actually well into manhood but still "my boy") sent me a picture of one of his latest targets. He said it was either 3 or 5 yards with him shooting his Glock 43 as fast as he could pull the trigger. Note that is not a full sized silhouette target - it is only 12"x16". 

Looks like he paid attention somewhat when being taught how to shoot - wouldn't you say!  Could it do with a tiny bit of improvement - sure it could but it is not bad at all as I see it. (As for that one above the head, do not know if that was a hole from a round or a mark on the target.)

He told me he has been going to the range once a week lately and shooting 100 rounds through his two 9mm pistols. I like it - practice is good when doing it right. I suggested he ought to shoot at least 300 rounds per range trip and maybe only go every other week. Yet, he prefers going more often and shooting less ammo because he cannot afford much more of the ammo. So, what was a responsible loving pop to do but order him a case of 9mm to help him along.

I ordered him a case of Sellier & Bellot, 115 grain, FMJ ammo from TargetSportsUSA.com. I have shot it before and like it, one of the better things about it, as far as I am concerned, is that it runs hotter than most other practice ammo. TargetSportsUSA has a great price when you consider it includes shipping for a case. Now if he shoots the 300 rounds per range trip as I recommended, he will have 100 rounds left over after three trips. Damn, this could get expensive.

All the best,
Glenn B

 

No comments: