Thursday, March 8, 2018

Blog Comments

It's been ages since I have received an email notification from Blogger telling me that there were comments awaiting moderation on my blog. Thus, I have to remember to log into Blogger every now and then, click on comments awaiting moderation and check to see if there are any comments. I would much rather receive mail notifications each time someone comments.

I have tried several times to fix all that but to no avail. Today, I once again went to my blocked senders list in Outlook (my email provider) and this time I looked through each and every one of the blocked senders (which are legion cause there are lots of arsehats out there who send unwanted emails). I did not see anything that even resembled an email address from blogger but did find one or three with Google in there and I eliminated them, along with some others, from the blocked sender list. I don't know which one I eliminated that did the trick but getting rid of at least one of them from the blocked senders list may have worked.

I just added three test comments to a couple of posts and got email alerts saying there were new comments. Now, mind you, it did not say there were comments requiring moderation, I guess because I had entered the comments and I guess Google/Blogger dos not require verification when it is the owner of the blog doing the commenting. The thing is though, I made a comment to one of my blog posts a day or three ago and did not receive such notification then. Since I got these now, I am hopeful it will work when anyone leaves comments and that I will be notified accordingly.

Someone leave a comment please, I need at least one, from someone other than me, to see if it works.

Thanks,
Glenn B

8 comments:

LIHS Blogger said...

Never mind, I signed in with an old Google account I have and it worked. So, I am guessing I will be at least somewhat more prompt in approving your comments.

All the best,
GB

Phil said...

Testing.
Sometimes I forget to check my spam folder and find one or two stuck in there.
The joys of running a Blog, eh?

taminator013 said...

I was getting a little paranoid that I had been banned or something.......

Glenn B said...

This problem evidently was ongoing a long time but I only found out about it maybe a couple or few months ago. Tried everything to fix it on my Blogger site settings, searched t make sure none of their email addresses were on my blocked senders list, and all that stuff. Checked y junk/spam mail folder regularly and they were not going their. Just could not figure it out. Today I reset all of the Blogger email settings again and that did not work. Then went back to my blocked email folders and unblocked a couple or few addresses from Google and two or three others that looked like web addresses from websites but seemingly had nothing to do with Blogger and voila - all of a sudden it is working. So, my guess is one of those email addresses was how Google routed emails to me from me at Blogger. Just a royal pain in the arse.

Now I am hoping that those I unblocked, that were not the right one, will not start inundating me with spam.

Glenn B said...

Well here we go again, never got an email notification tat Bob T left a comment! I have no clue why this keeps happening.

Phil said...

I had one guy that I never got a notice about when he commented.
I have no idea what set up he is using but it was something on his end because it was only him but it was every time.

Glenn B said...

Could be on the other end, I don't know what it could be otherwise. Just checked blocked senders again, no Bobs there but I don't know the actual email address being used.

Glenn B said...

By the way, I was notified of the most recent comment by Phil.