Saturday, January 20, 2018

Ungrateful - Gave Her A Fur & She Would Have None Of It

When I got back home, from a trip to upstate NY, earlier this week, I gave my wife a gift I figured she could not do anything but adore - her first fur from me. I mean, I really do mean - what woman (except an animal rights whackadoo) does not love getting a fur! I am not certain but am pretty sure the one I gave to my dearest is one is red fox too - nothing too shabby by any account. Yet, she refuses to wear it and today I found it down in the man-cave basement heaped atop some other junk I had down there.

More behind the curtain, so to speak:



You can just take one look at it and see it is most definitively a high quality fur.

 
In fact, I would say it took someone a great deal of effort to hunt or trap the critter from which it is made, then skin and tan its hide and then form it into the perfect topper. Well, perfect if it fit your head and as you can see it obviously did not fit mine or most assuredly would wear it. The thing is, it perfectly sat on my wife's head and looked pretty darned snazzy or at least so I thought. Thus my utter amazement when I found it downstairs in the basement today.


A more fitting place to place it or not - who can say! I would rather my wife had kept it for the terribly cold days we have suffered as of late and of which I expect more are to come but she will have none of it. Anyway, at least the deer skull wears it well - don't ya think!

Al the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Z@X said...

uuuuh ... dude, that looks like ... maybe ... a scalp ...

Glenn B said...

In that case, it really is too bad it does not fit me!