Thursday, January 4, 2018

No Work Today

Yep, no work today because there is apparently too much of the white stuff expected for them to open. No worries here except I am losing a day's pay that I really need right now to help catch up on bills. While that kind of sucks, it is okay by me anyway because I can get some stuff done at home. Let's see, I can pay some of my remaining monthly bills - got most of 'em paid on the 1st but heaven knows enough still  are due. I can also sand down, fill over if needed and paint over a plaster mess the electricians left in a couple of holes when they undid a screw-up one of them did (hell that was months ago - forgot all about it until now). I can also clean some guns, they need their seasonal maintenance. Vacuuming the basement is another chore needs doing. Then there is shoveling that white stuff. I cleared a few inches this morning but it already looks as if my shovel and I were never there today. I'll do it again before too long, keeps me busy and makes it a bit easier once it is all over and  have to shovel for the last time today. The 8 to 16" they expect around here is a bit too much to handle all at once. I maybe could even start to set up my reloading table although I think that better left until a weekend.

Then again, I could sit around on mine arse and do little to nothing all day and believe me that is quite tempting. I think I will do that for an hour or so here on the computer and then get some chores done that need doing. I mean why waste the whole day as I have done too often in the past.

All the best,
GB

No comments: