Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Very Best Things About Fathers' Day

The very best things about Fathers' Day are my children and grandson and of course my wife and the rest of the family. 
 
Getting to see my daughter Celina and son-in-law Phil getting married a for second time, this time in church last weekend, was excellent. They decided to have a church wedding before having Ryan John Christened (he will be baptized next week). It was truly an amazing and happy experience.

The second time around was as good or
better than the first wedding.

No less amazing is the fact that my son Brendan still tolerates me enough to go canoeing and fishing together as we did last month on the Caddo River in AR (heck he let me stay at his place for 10 days or so). Best buds for sure! I miss him since he moved to AR but hope to see him again soon.
 
I thought rowing was getting a little tougher, someone was taking a beer break.


I out fished him on this trip but I think he planned it that way.
Then there is also Linda, the woman I married and who married me, who still has not killed me in my sleep (go figure). I owe both of my wondeful children to her because heaven knows they did not become amazingly wonderful young adults because of me.

My beautiful daughter and lovely wife. My wife has the figure of a 24 year
old unlike me with the figure of a 24 ton blimp. Oh well, she's a good cook.

There also is my mother-in-law Luise (Oma) who lives with us. What can I say about Oma and how she shares her warmth and love with us but take a look for yourself:


 Lest I forget Uncle Ken, let me just say he was more of a father to me when I was growing up that was my real old man.


I have been truly blessed by having them in my life. I doubt it could get any better than this. I love them all very dearly.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: