Saturday, April 22, 2017

Two 2 Pistol Qualifications Tomorrow

Tomorrow I will be taking both my annual LEOSA and Armed Guard firearms training and qualification courses. To that end, I finally got the replacement rear sight windage spring into the rear sight of my Ruger Redhawk (44 REM MAG). After some finagling of the spring to get it held in place, to be able to drop in the rear sight blade, I finally got it right or at least it seems that way. Then I cleaned both the Redhawk and my Glock 26. 

Some folks consider me a bit on the nutty side to consider qualifying with the Ruger Redhawk and I will say that when I did it last year it made one heck of an achy impression on my right hand and wrist. I imagine it will do likewise this year although I will be using somewhat lighter loads than the Prvi Partizan 300 grain semi-jacketed flat point solids I used last time around. I plan to use Remington 240 grain lead gas check rounds (a sort of semi wadcutter). I'm praying they will be a bit easier on my old bones and joints. Now that I think of it though, I have not shot the Ruger since the sight blade broke many months ago. I imagine that means my hand is in for a pounding to which it has not been recently accustomed nor which it is ready to receive! Ouch...

Should be some somewhat painful fun.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: