Monday, December 7, 2015

The Knee

Both knees have been aching me lately, a fairly painful, deep, stiff, kind of sore ache.So too have my fingers, elbows, toes, ankles and hips been aching likewise. Add to that my right shoulder blade, with pains of another nature, and I am one poorly constructed bag of bones.

For the last week and a half or so though, my right knee has been in on and off then on again agony. I figured it was the gout brought on by a Thanksgiving Eve repast consisting of a 2.5 pound lobster, a couple to few beers, and whatever else I had that night. I did not go overboard on Thanksgiving. I ate a decent amount but nothing that is really bad for someone with gout. I did have a wee dram of Irish Cream Liquor but that was it for alcohol. Anyway, the next day I had a twinge. Then by sometime Saturday, I was hurting  pretty badly. I was in agony by Saturday night.

The second worst gout attack I have ever had is what it has been, well if it is actually the gout. I have been bitten by at least 5 ticks, of at least two different species, over the past two to three months. With all the aches in my joints prior to this supposed gout attack, I was wondering if I had contracted Lyme Disease for the third time. Went to the doc this past Friday for the knee because it was bad enough that I missed two days of work (a third day including today). She said she thought it might not be the gout (especially since the Colcrys had little effect) and would run some blood tests an have an x-ray done. I asked if we could hold off on the x-ray and she agreed it would be a good idea to wait until the blood-work came back because if it is all due to Lyme Disease then an x-ray is probably not needed. I know I have had more than my share of x-rays when I had radiation therapy a few years back. and don't need any to excess now.

I called the doc today and a nurse got back to me to say all the blood-work as negative; that was except for one test for which they had not yet received the results. That would be the test for the truly suspect malady - Lyme Disease. I asked when they expected it, and the gal at the other end of the phone hemmed, hawed and said 'uhhhhh, maybe within a week'. I am guessing she had no clue because I sure don't recall a test for Lyme Disease ever taking a week to be completed for me before. Oh well, hurry up and wait seems to be the thing today.

Even if it is still aching tomorrow, I am going to make my best effort to get my lard arse into work. I need to money to help support Santa Claus and his elves.

All the best,

No comments: