Monday, November 2, 2015

One Tooth Ache Down And...

...one sinus infection to go and then I should be chipper once again. Missed work today because I was feeling like crap, I am guessing because of a bad tooth that led to a sore throat and sinus infection.
Went to see the dentist about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks ago and she drilled a couple of teeth to replace old filling in one and fill a cavity in the other. With a day, my gun started to hurt around one of those teeth and the tooth behind it. I just figured it was sore from the work she had done but also noticed lots of food getting stuck between those teeth. A couple of days later I had a sore throat and made an appointment to seen ENT who I should have seen a month earlier for a cancer follow-up visit. Thing was I had to wait a week for my appointment. During that time the sore throat got better but the tooth was bothering me more and so was my jaw and then my sinuses on that side so I made an appointment to see the dentist again too. That appointment was set for this Saturday but the ENT appointment was last Thursday. The ENY said I had a sinus infection and noted my edema was recurring. He gave me some antibiotics. Within 3 days of starting them, the pain in the sinuses was just about gone, the tooth and gum no longer hurt except a tiny bit and I was about to chance the appointment with the dentist when the dental assistant sent me a text asking me to come in today since she knew I was not at work (the dental assistant just happens to be my wife). So there I was in the dentist's chair today being told that the food getting stuck has not caused an infection in my gums, nor had the tooth ache or jaw pain been caused by an infection and yet I was having the tooth she had already replaced the filling in drilled again to have the new filling replaced. It's all convoluted and I am sure that I had an infection in my gums and tooth while the dentist disagrees but the end result is that I am feeling better. After 4 days of antibiotics the infection seems to have cleared up, the tooth seems not have food getting stuck since she redid the filling again today, I am sick of seeing doctors and I will probably show up at work tomorrow. While a bad day fishing (or hunting or shooting) beats a good day at work, a crappy day at works beats spending the day at the doctor's (or dentist's) office.

All the best,
GB

No comments: