Monday, August 24, 2015

There I Was, In My Previous Post, Saying I Was Still Waiting...

...for my laptop to be delivered, and truth be told, it had been delivered already but my wife had not clued me in yet. So, when I went upstairs, there it was waiting for me. Seems it got here maybe 15 minutes before I posted my prior post. From what I can gather, they changed the fan, the battery and the base cover of the laptop.
Why they would change the base is beyond me unless they lost or broke mine when taking it off for the other repair.

They also installed a Core Temperature utility which apparently record the CPU's temperature. That is fine by me because my laptop is now out of warranty but the repair should have a 90 day warranty on it. So if it starts overheating again in that 90 days, I will have the temps recorded to prove it. That is a good thing. Of course, with my luck, it will start having the same overheating problem again on day 91. As it is now though, it's nice to have the laptop back and running well (for now) again.

All the best,
GB

No comments: