Thursday, July 16, 2015

It's Arrived

Today's mail held something for which I have been patiently waiting - my nonresident Pennsylvania License To Carry Firearms. I applied for mine at the Lackawanna County Sheriff's Office on June 24th. They normally issue them on the day you apply, if you pass the checks they run (and I did pass) but their printer was down. They told me that when they got a new printer, they would print it up and mail it to me. So, it took a little bit - but not all that long considering how long it would take to get a pistol license in NY. Three weeks and a day is nothing compared to the the six months within which it is supposed to be in NYistan; and believe me it usually takes much longer than that unless you are a retired LEO.

One thing I have to point out about the Lackawanna County Sherriff's Office - they all were very nice folks, especially the lady officer who ran the checks and issued the license. In addition, the application process was brief and uncomplicated and the cost was very reasonable at only $20. Of course, I don't think we should be required to have a license to carry anywhere within this country but as it stands now we are so required. Whatever, I am compelled to say that doing business with the Lackawanna County SO's office was an absolute pleasure.

This is my first out of state non-resident pistol license. I anticipate getting at least a couple to a few more. Ones from other states that come to mind possibly would be from AZ, FL, NH, UT and VA.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: