Saturday, May 9, 2015

Friggin Weathermen

I checked the weekend weather forecast yesterday. There was zero (0) percent chance of rain today I my area. I anticipated getting a lot of work done in the backyard to turn the soil, level it, add more soil and seed it for a lawn. So far, I finished turning the soil and moved about 800-900 pounds of topsoil to the backyard from where it sat next to the house. (I will now take this moment to again thank my son for buying a wheelbarrow which comes in handy even on our tiny lot; it surely saved my already aching back today.) That's it though - no more because of the rain. I'd really like to at least rake it out and maybe throw what new soil I have atop the old and maybe then rake that out too but it depends on Mother Nature cooperating. We'll see.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: