Thursday, January 1, 2015

Facebook Has Its Uses

Wow, it has been an unsettling experience finding out from a stranger, and on Facebook at that, that my uncle is in need of prayers and in some sort of distress. My wife and I called my uncle on Christmas to wish him a Merry Christmas and we left him a message. It was not unusual that I could not get him or that he did not return the call so we did not think anything was amiss. Then I tried maybe a half hour ago to call him to wish him a Happy New Year but no answer at his home phone. Shortly after I made that call, I saw a post on Facebook saying someone on FB was praying for him! I called him on his cell phone (which he rarely answers) and to my surprise he picked up right away. I was shocked to find out he has been in the hospital for the past 10 days and no one let us know about it! Luckily, he is getting out tomorrow but they still don't know what is or was wrong with him that put him inside a hospital in the first place. Hopefully he will be well sooner than later.

Of course, I only thought of this a bit later, maybe he told my cousins not to tell me he was not well. Who knows. I am not placing blame or anything like that, just shocked to find out, he was in the hospital, the way I found out. 

This may require a trip to FL. My uncle is much closer to me and loved much more by me than was my own father - much, much, much more than was that man loved by me - if ever after I was eight.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: