Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Joe Cocker RIP - You Will Be Missed

After a long battle with lung cancer, Joe Cocker has passed, air guitar in hands, to the great beyond where I am sure his singing will be appreciated more than the songs of angels.

Once upon a time, in my early youth, I was a Beatles fan. Then I heard Joe Cocker sing some of their songs and I must say that the intensity with which he sang those hits put the Beatles to shame and he helped expand my music appreciation - a lot.










To say that Joe Cocker was intense though is an understatement. It's not like I was a Joe Cocker fan-boy or groupie or anything like that yet, I just have to say that when he sang a song - he gave it his everything - and for that I am thankful to have lived through his heyday and thankful to him for having giving it his absolute singing best while spazing out on stage playing his air-guitar.

Of course, it wasn't only Beatles songs he sang:





Man oh man - he was one of the truly great ones. Sorry I am posting a day later than I should have but was under the weather yesterday and unable to post a timely tribute then. Then again, who better to pay him tribute better than himself in his singing to us. He will be missed. Hope you are at peace Joe, maybe dropping a dot, toking a joint and sipping some Jack with a song on your lips and air-guitar close by you spasmodic hands. You are the man.

All the best,
Glenn B
 

No comments: