Monday, October 13, 2014

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I Know I Haven't Blogged In About A Week

Had nothing last Wednesday since I was getting sick of blogging about Ebola, the Muslims trying to conquer the world (and apparently succeeding for now), U.S. Politics and the hypocrisy of it all, guns (that I can't spare the ammo to shoot much), ammo prices that are still sky high and ammo that is still scarce (no doubt in my mind because of government purchase contracts), the government over taxing us, the tyranny of local, county, state and federal governments, the militarization of police and whatever else it is that I have blogged about in recent months.

I also had to work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was just too pooped when I got home to bother with blogging. On Saturday I think I did nothing except some going though of family photo albums and yesterday I went upstate with my son to scout deer and kill busy-tailed rats. As for that last, he got in a shot at one and saw it fall out of the tree like a ton of bricks but then was not sure which tree (yeah he was pretty sure, as in almost certain, but not quite 100% sure which tree). We searched for it for over half an hour and could not find it nor any blood. He looked more after that too, no luck though. I figure he winged it and it got up and took off for parts unknown. Oh well, at least he got off a shot. He did find a ringneck snake and a red back salamander though. It was only in the low 60s but they were out regardless. Nice looking ringneck snake, good size, going into a shed from the look of it. He checked it out and let it go in the exact spot he found it. Never even picked up the salamander, just gave it a good looking over. He always has been lucky at finding herps, if only some of that would rub off this hunting season for deer all will be well.

Anyway, no sign of deer except some trails. I mean no spoor, no rubs, no hair, no nothing for the most part. Spoke to a bird hunter later on, down where our car was parked, and he said that that particular area was heavily hunted and here were not many deer. I concur after the scant sign we did find (the deer trails). He gave us some clues as to better local spots an I will check them out in the coming weeks.

More blogging to commence tonight or tomorrow.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: