Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Off To A Running (and walking) Start

I restarted my exercise program yesterday, went to the gym last night and did 6.5 miles on the treadmill. I alternated between running and walking a quarter of a mile for 5.5 miles, then walked the remainder at a small incline. Not too sure if I was up for quite that much, my hips are just about screaming right now. That though has been par for the course for years when I walk or run. Also, my knees are aching and so are my ankles, feet and calves too, along with some of the upper parts as well. 

That all will work its way out somewhat as each exercise session passes or so has been my past experience although the hips and legs and some other areas around joints have been and likely will remain a problem. They have been hurting after any exercise ever since a few docs first suspected I had Lyme disease about 25 years ago. Never diagnosed it back then, always said the test results were inconclusive. Years later I was twice diagnosed with it. Guess the hips will never again be very happy campers. Lately though, I have been paying more attention to how the pain comes on and how my legs in total are effected, I wonder if the pain may be more due to tendon problems as it seems more that than pain deep in the joints. I wonder if taking Levaquin many years ago is what led to most of the problems. I digress.

Anyway, the exercise program is back in action - or should I say - I am back in action. I suppose that is much better for me than being a couch potato. Plan to hit the treadmill again tomorrow - figuring on three to four das per week for now BUT I may try gain tonight if the hips are not too sore.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: