Saturday, August 16, 2014

The BBQ Beer Run

As thought, I wound up going for some beer and picked up a 36 can case of Budwiper (not lite), a 6 pack of McKenzie's Green Apple Hard Cider (for me and my son), a 12 pack of Mango-Rita (a fairly good Bud product if you like mixed drinks), a 25 pound bag of ice, an eight pound bag of ice for reserves and two McKenzie's Cider pint sized glasses (though they look a bit shy, maybe 14 oz.). Along with the case and a three quarters of ales I have on hand (which is a 6 pack more than I had thought earlier) , the bottle of fruity alcoholic beverage from St. marten, a bottle of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey (that I sort of stumbled across in my memory when I recalled my son has one hidden in the garage), and about 3/4 of a two litter bottle of vodka and whatever anyone else may bring - one has to have hope - we should be set for a nice friendly and neighborly party. The grill has been cleaned by yours truly and I think my duties for the day, short of grilling some dogs and toasting some buns, have been completed. It's time to go put away my side-arm and just wait for the partiers to show up - just maybe while sipping one or two of those McKenzie's Green Apple Hard Ciders. Are what timing, the dogs are barking at the side gate, apparently someone arriveth or maybe noteth but its time to hiteth the cooler!

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: