Thursday, August 14, 2014

Now The First Day That I Met You, I Was Looking In The Sky...


...When the sun turned all a blur
And the thunderclouds rolled by

The sea began to shiver
And the wind began to moan
It must've been a sign for me
To leave you well alone
Read more: Black Sabbath - Warning Lyrics | MetroLyrics
So goes the beginning of the best lyrics, on the best album of all time BLACK SABBATH by Black Sabbath. If you listen to no other part, listen from about 27 minutes and 32 seconds on to about 37 min. 57 sec (on this particular recording).

Better yet, listen to the whole damned thing. Then bear in mind it actually was damned - the Catholic Church condemned (or banned it) it at the time. It simply is the best album of eternity - and if they play it in heaven or hell - I would be content to be in either listening to it forever. FGUWTD.

The last video I had up was corrupted version. Hopefully this one is correct, no time to listen to all of it now though so posting it in the blind (or should that be in the deaf).   



To me, there is no better, no more perfect album, than Black Sabbath - the debut album of the group Black Sabbath. It came out all of a few months passed my 14th birthday and was one of the, if not the, first album(s) I bought. In all the time since then, I have never heard anything better than that. It is the alpha and the omega of music. 

I would hope it is played at my funeral or at least in a bar where my buddies get together to tip a few back as they think of me having passed, but just not someday too soon.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Glenn B said...

By the way, I always wanted to meet the person whose photo is on the album cover.

Humble wife said...

LOL...I do love your close~"just not someday too soon."

I do not want a funeral and definitely if any sort of a memorial is held I would skip music and hope it was held in the mountains with a wonderful picnic. I think that would be my wish...

and like you~perhaps just not too soon!