Sunday, July 13, 2014

Only A Day Under Three Weeks Until...

...the Northeast Annual Bloggershoot at a super sekrit location in where but the northeast. I am almost ready for it, kind of, sort of, maybe. All of my long arms are clean, lubed and ready to rock n' roll. The handguns, they could all use a good cleaning. Somehow, during the last couple of weeks, I lost all of the  impetus to clean any more firearms. I maybe would have done it this evening, now that I just thought of the upcoming shooty goodness event but alas I have imbibed of the fruit of the forbidden tree in the form of an Ommegang Abbey Ale infused with 10 Ole Smoky Moonshine Cherries and about 2 or a bit more ounces of the actual moonshine imbued with the maraschino cherry juice. Wow, was that ever so delightfully scrumptious.

It should come as no surprise to anyone, or at least to myself, that Shirley Temples were my favorite childhood drink (followed closely by Tom Collins mix - sans alcohol at least until my god mother added gin for me). I think that both of those remain my favorite adult drinks but with the alcohol. Now that I think of it though, I have not had a TC in years - I need to correct that but gin requires a frame of mind that I must prepare well in advance. After all, gin is not an alcoholic beverage - it is a state of mind. Anyway, the grown-up Shirley Temples (minus the soda and with moonshine instead of gin), they are friggin fantastic and added to an Ommegang it is an exquisite concoction. Let me just say, it beats anything Heaven has to offer, and if they have it and freely give it out in Hell, I am bound in that direction willingly. So, no gun cleaning for me tonight.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the bloggershoot nonetheless. I am sure it will prove itself to be well worth the 5 or 6 hour drive - a good time for all who attend. Last two times I attended it was truly an excellent soiree.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: