Sunday, July 27, 2014

More Gun Cleaning Today,...

...isn't it ever over! I've been cleaning my pistols, this evening, in anticipation of the Seventh Annual Northeast Bloggershoot this coming weekend. Been taking my time at it and so far, I have cleaned only four of them so I still have several handfuls to go.

Exactly as I just left it to do this blog-post. Before anyone asks,
yes that is a bottle of vodka, right next to the water and no I am not imbibing
while cleaning guns. I know a lot better than that. I do have it to look forward to
once I am done with all of my gun cleaning chores. Later for a vodka/fruit smoothie!
I am happy I decided to clean them now and did not wait even one day longer. One had some very light rust a forming (or maybe it was dirty oil) but it wiped right off with a solvent soaked cloth. Another, a Beretta 92FS, was dirty as all hell because I shot it a lot recently and was lazy and did not clean it right after shooting. I rediscovered a hard to see spot, on the inside of the frame, that had three grooves that were filled with caked carbon fouling and I do mean filled. I must have forgotten to get those grooves last couple to few times I cleaned that gun. That fouling would probably
explain a few failures to cycle properly last time I shot it. Man oh man was it dirty in general but especially in those spots. The two other guns were pretty much spotlessly clean but I still gave them the once over for good maintenance.

I almost cannot believe it is only 6 days and a wake-up before we leave to head up to the sooperseKrit location for the Seventh Annual Northeast Bloggershoot, then one more day until the actual shoot. I am looking forward to it and so is my son, as I think is his girlfriend. I am looking forward to seeing both of them shoot more than me shooting although I am sure to have lots of fun blasting away at whatever targets we set up.

A couple to a few full auto guns are promised to be there and I have ammo for at least two of them. That should be some fun shooting. I am bringing along a decent supply of binary bang stuff that we will mix once there for some really fun targets. Not too much in one container though, the folks sharing their range with us have neighbors. Then again, I guess our bangs can be at least as loud as the cannon blasts that start and end the shooty goodness of the day.

Enough keyboard jabbering, I've got to get back to pistol cleaning. I have those on the table and more to go.

All the best,
GB

 

No comments: