Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Car Is All But Packed...

...with all the guns, gear and clothes I am taking on my hunting trip. With a little luck, I will hit the hay within half an hour to an hour and then be able to get my arse out of bed at about 0400. I plan to be in the car and on the move by about 0445. It's about a 3 hour drive to my hotel but only 2.5 to the hunting area which I will stop at for a final scouting trip before I hit the hotel. I am in no hurry, so my drive may wind up taking longer but so what - it's a mini vacation. Deer hunting season opens on Saturday and that is the day I have to make sure I am at my hunting site early, maybe by 0400. Before then, it is all just having fun doing this and that.

My son will be driving up, to meet me, either tomorrow night or Friday morning. He only got off Friday and Saturday, so on Friday I can show him the spot and maybe we can bag a turkey. We will have a good time together. Then on Saturday we will be a team and hopefully not one at which the deer wind up laughing out of the woods.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: