Saturday, December 15, 2012

Someone's Idea Of Their Dream AR-15?

It is certainly not mine. I might go for accessorising an AR by adding a flashlight or maybe a glass or red-dot optics but that would be about it. I am hoping that the pictured AR-15 was done up that way as an advertisement or a movie prop since I could never see anyone, except maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger, carrying one. Even then, Arnold would only carry one of those in a movie. 

Talk about overkill, I'd probably get a hernia just trying to pick it up let alone trying to hold it steady to get off a good shot. Chances are the bipod would snap, if you moved it back and forth a bit while sighting in, what with all the weight pressing down on it. Then again, it might snap my spine if I tried to walk a few miles while carrying it - or I'd at least sprain something anyway. Nor can I imagine trying to engage anyone in a firefight with that thing, I get too confused as to which sighting system to use. I guess when you've got a lot of money and a wild imagination something like that looks great. Thing is, I figure I be the one getting killed if I ever tried to engage a bad guy with it. Definitely not for me but to each his own I suppose!

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: