Monday, July 30, 2012

Northeast Bloggershoot Approaching Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Wow, only 11 days and a wake-up and I'll be on the road up to New Hampshire for the Bloggershoot. I am driving up that way on August 11th and the shoot is on the 12th. Folks will be staying at hotels in NH. As for the shoot location, I do not know where that is going to be. Either in NH or MA but the location is supersekrit, so sekrit that attendees like me do not know yet. Since the blogger/shooters will be meeting up at a rib joint, the night before the event, I guess I'll be getting directions then. I probably was already told about the actual location and how to get there but I'll be darned if I remember. The info may have been saved on my old laptop but as we all know, that went belly up weeks ago. Oh well, I am confident I will get the directions from Jay, over at MArooned, before I take off on the trip.

I almost cannot wait for the day to arrive. I am thinking of bringing a few pistols like my Remington 45, a Beretta 92FS, and maybe my Beretta 70S and my Ortgies. Then there are the long guns to consider. Thinking of lugging along my Remington 870, the Marlin 336, a Nagant or two, maybe my AK or Yugo SKS, and my Yugo Mauser. Who knows, maybe I'll bring along a rimfire rifle also. I have some thinking to do in that regard, some gun cleaning too once I decide which ones to drag along. I don't want to bring too many of them; I would hate to be stopped by a cop for anything and have him search the vehicle finding all those guns. Imagine, with the recent psycho shootings, what might transpire then if the cops do not believe I am going to a friendly bloggershoot.

Whatever, I am sure to bring along  some guns that will be fun to shoot. If Brendan can also make it, that will be great. I am sure he would bring at least one of his ARs and probably his Mossberg 500 shotgun. It promises to be a fun weekend, especially if Brendan can make it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: