Monday, May 7, 2012

Pretty Lady Explains Basic Firearms Safety

So, there I was wondering what to do to get my stats up for this blog and I figured: 'What the heck, I'll show some gun related posts with pretty ladies in them'. Now, I really don't expect that to boost my page visits or views. All I really was thinking of doing was trying to find something appealing to myself and maybe to others without being offensive to anyone so don't look for naked babes with guns (well not too many anyhow). 

Yep, I was thinking in a sexist sort of a way.  That said, I will point out I am not about to show naked babes with guns although there surely might wind up being some videos or pics of babes in bikinis who are enjoying the shooting sports. Then again, I don't yet see the need to debase anyone or upset anyone, so I'll keep it to pretty women. If that offends you, if you don't like it, you don't have to look. Me, I am a guy, I am straight. I like women and looking at them and the prettier the better to look at thus, I will show them instead of hairy ugly (or handsome)muscular men. You want ugly (or handsome) hairy muscular men in videos about guns, put them in your own blog. In addition, I do what I can to encourage women to enjoy the world of guns and shooting, adding video like this is sure to help.

So, for you viewing pleasure, allow me to share this nice YouTube video with you and if you don't like the whole idea of me posting it here, well you can leave now if you want, but maybe you ought to watch anyway and then make up your mind:



Now that you have had the chance to have seen the video, I'll ask one question about it. Did you notice the two things that were very wrong in a firearms safety sort of way? As for one of them, we can't tell if she really did it or not because of how the video was edited. Yet certainly, the video shows us her potential target - a piece of cardboard taped onto a tree. Good target or bad target - what do you think?

Way back, and I mean waaaaaay back, when I was just learning to shoot, I was taught one of the first basics of shooting was never to shoot at two things that I (and many pothers) might have otherwise thought would have been fun to shoot at as targets - live trees and the flat surfaces of bodies of water like ponds or lakes. The reason for that being that both created an excellent potential for ricochets especially with lead bullets. Her having that target on a live tree invites ricochets with certain ammo. Anyway, it possibly could kill the tree. While I am not a tree hugger, I do like getting out into nature and having a nice tree or two for shade and don't need sap oozing out it, the one I picked to sit under, all because some peckerwood decided it would make a good target.

The other violation of firearms safety rules in that video was that she did not wear eye protection. She had on a nice set of protective ear muffs but no shooting glasses. That is a mistake that could lead to losing an eye. I know of one person, within the last few years, to whom that happened and she had on eye protection but not properly rated eye protection. A ricocheted piece of copper jacket caused her to lose an eye.

Other than that, I have to hand it to them for going beyond the so called 4 cardinal rules of firearms safety. Adding the one about not shooting while intoxicated was a nice touch and something important to remember whenever handling firearms. Besides being fairly good about firearms safety, she was rather pretty too, wasn't she (and she was a blond so I can forgive one or two mistakes)!

If you don't like pretty ladies in pics or vodeos about guns,  which wille something more regularly shown here from now on, you can always go elsewhere to watch ugly hairy, muscular men doing it. For example, try this link: http://youtu.be/eKjYlpex4OM. Me, I prefer pretty women. Maybe I can get my wife into shooting and have her do some video. Now there is a pretty lady, too bad she does not shoot (then again - maybe lucky for me that she does not)!

All the best,
Glenn B.

No comments: