Friday, February 17, 2012

Off To Another Gun Show Tomorrow...

...this show in Middletown, NY at the Orange County Fairgrounds. I am hoping it is not a dud like was the one I went to a couple or few weeks ago in White Plains, NY. That one pretty much sucked although it did beat the most excellent day I ever had at work (well maybe the second most excellent day ever at work, the first one truly was excellent). I am driving up with my good friend Pete A. We will only be leaving my place at about 0900 so we will miss the 0900 opening of the show by a long shot. I hope that the dealer I hope to see there will be there and that he will still have the Remington Model 8 I saw on his table at White Plains, too bad I did not buy it there. I want one in .35 Remington and while that one was in the now defunct .30 Remington caliber I still should have bought it as a collector piece. I could probably easily make more on it than he was selling it for if I ever decided to sell it. If I do happen to find a nice on in .35 Remington at a good price, well then, I will buy that one instead.

If I am really lucky tomorrow, I will get Pete to buy a gun. I kind of doubt it but who knows, he may pick up something like a .22 rifle if I talk to him right. He is not much of a gun guy but I think I can turn him into one. Time will tell on that, I suppose.

This time, I think I will remember to take along the $1 off coupons for the admission fee.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: