Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If This Guy Does Not Deserve A Darwin Award...

...I would guess that no one deserves one. I am pretty sure he will get one though because I think you have to be pretty much a stupid fucking asshole an idiot to have done something like sit on a couch while it was being towed at high speed by a motor vehicle down a highway.

After reading the article at this link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/21/man-dies-in-couch-surfing-road-accident-in-canada/?test=latestnews, I can only hope that the driver who was arrested was the one who had been towing the couch and not the driver who hit the couch killing the potential Darwin Award winner. I see no way to hold him to blame for that tragic event if what was reported is true. Actually, I just looked further and found out it was indeed the driver of the vehicle towing the couch who was arrested and charged, then released. See: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/02/20/couch-surfing-death-charges.html. What a friggin shame, the guy who died was only 22 years old but then again, maybe as a potential Darwin Award winner he has helped clean up the gene pool.

Kids, don't do stupid shit like this, it really can get you killed. Think of it this way - no matter how cool it looks, is it worth losing your life to try it, or is it worth losing a friend by you being the driver! I think not, there is just too much in youth that makes life worth living, please believe me on that one.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Humble wife said...

If we could all skip about 16-25 in stupid stuff. I used to believe knowledge was power-way back in my before married days. Now I know that for some young idiots, this is a challenge.

Makes me sad for the families.

Jen

NotClauswitz said...

Good grief, you're not supposed to do that on the Highway - that's what the back pasture is for!