Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Am Gunna Bake A Pie

Enough of the gun show talk and thinking/worrying about my cancer, and imagining I will be doing this or that soon, I am going to turn off the laptop, in a moment, and go upstairs to bake an apple pie. Flour, ice cold shortening, water, salt, McIntosh and Granny Smith apples, a pie pan, a hot oven and a bit of magic make one one heck of a good apple pie. Are you thinking I forgot to mention sugar. Nope, I did not because there is a good chance I will not use any; if I do use it, it will be a lot less than you would be likely to use, maybe a tablespoon full, or two, and of brown sugar at that.

All the best,
Glenn B

3 comments:

Glenn B said...

Boy that pie sure came out of the oven smelling nice, that is due, in part, to the magic I added (all my secret spices)! Dinner should be ready soon, then after that it is apple pie for dessert.

Glenn B said...

Mmmmm, mmmmm GOOD!

Humble wife said...

I am so jealous! I love apple pie, but to my family I eat it kind of strange, as I eat it served in a bowl with milk and sprinkle a touch of sugar on it!