Friday, July 22, 2011

Appleseed Shoot + Which Rifle To Bring = Decisions, Decisions Decisions..................

I am stumped. I do not know which rifle to bring to the Appleseed shoot next weekend. I am really stumped.I could bring either of my Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30's, or my Hungarian Mosin Nagant M44, or my Yugoslavian M24/47 8mm Mauser, or my Yugoslavian SKS, or, I suppose, even my Romanian WASR AK-47. I have ammo for the Nagants, and for the SKS or the AK but not for the M24/47 (not enough since I need 400 rounds). I need to adjust the sights on all of them but think my best shooter is either one of the Nagant 91/30s or the Yugo M24/47 Mauser. Having to make up my mind is becoming a real pain in the ass headache. Maybe I should order some 8mm ammo and if it gets here on time, I can just do a coin toss to select which weapon I will bring along. Of course, on the first day, I may bring my Remington 513T-Matchmaster in 22LR (they say that is a good way to save on more expensive larger caliber ammo, then bring the larger caliber rifle on day two). Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

AnarchAngel said...

My advice is to bring two rifles, and enough ammo for both.

I had a rifle fail on me at one (broken extractor). Luckily I had a spare.

Also, chose whatever rifles have the best sights.