Monday, February 21, 2011

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association - Life Membership Problems

I don't get it. I have been a member of the NYSR&PA for several years now. I am pretty sure I have always paid my annual dues on time. I have never caused them any problems. Last June, I decided to upgrade my membership to a life membership. I sent in the full amount for the life membership dues. Shortly thereafter, I received a receipt for my payment. Attached to the receipt was a temporary life membership card and a note. The note said it would take 8 to 10 weeks to receive my permanent life membership card and life membership packet. I am still waiting for them to arrive. I have contacted the NYSR&PA several times now over the past several months (I think my first call was in September or October) and someone there the same person each time) keeps reassuring me I will have my card soon. Then, once I made the inquiries about the missing permanent life membership card, my NYR&PA journals stopped coming. What a coincidence! I am at my wits end about this. So, I just sent them an email informing them if don' t receive the permanent life membership card within 2 weeks from today, I will be taking action outside of the NYSR&PA, like contacting the BBB and others, in the hope of having the issue resolved.

Anyone else out there a NYSR&PA member who is having similar problems

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: