Sunday, November 14, 2010

And Now For Some Man Cave Dietary News...

...I just had a wonderful breakfast I have been up since 5:08 AM to let the dogs out but only got a chance to eat now - just afternoon. There is not all that much in the fridge ready to be cooked, even the bacon is in the freezer. Normally I might make some eggs and toast, coffee and a glass of OJ. I have eaten way too many eggs over the past week so I decided to make something else, something healthy. Today the only regular thing I had for breakfast was the OJ. The rest of it consisted of about 8 slices of good Genoa salami, two slices of lacy Swiss cheese, two pieces of whole grain bread and enough butter to grill it in when put together to make a sandwich. (in other words enough butter to clog an elephant's arteries in one day).

All I can say is man was that ever so delicious. Not quite as delicious as the leg of lamb, broiled potatoes smothered in olive oil, garlic and salt, and steamed carrots I had for dinner last night but pretty delicious anyway.

This afternoon, I have to get some vacuuming done, then visit my mom, then go grocery shopping. Life without a wife - for 3 weeks - not so tough and I like my own cooking and will continue to like it as long as it does not kill me.

All the best,
GB

No comments: