Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road Trip (mini version) Today

Up early and soon to start getting ready for a mini one day road trip today. Brendan, myself and a friend harry F will be off to Hamburg, PA today to attend the Northwestern Berks Reptile Show. It has been several years since I have been to this one. This show is a bit of a twist from those held in NY that I attend in that they allow venomous species to be sold. So if I want to buy one, I could pick up a rattler today or maybe a nice Cobra or Puff Adder. Me being the klutz I can be, you can safely bet I will be staying on the safe side - no 'hots' are coming home to my house.

I don't think I will even consider buying any reptiles at all, although I am thinking of expanding my amphibian collection. I recently had a filter fail in on of my tanks and it caused the demise of three of my favorite aquatic salamanders. So I will most likely be looking to replace them.

Now, being the gun guy I am, and being that Brendan likes em too and that Harry is a retired LEO, I guess we will just have to make an additional stop while in Hamburg today. That will most likely mean spending some cash at
Cabela's which is only a short distance from the Hamburg Fieldhouse where the herp show is to be held. I mean if we drive the 145 miles or so to the reptile show, we might as well go the extra 2 1/2 miles for Cabela's. Shouldn't we?

So the trip will be just around 300 miles total, like I said above - a mini road trip. It will be the longest trip the new Hyundai has taken so far. I am very confident will will make the trip with no car problems while getting the chance to see how comfortable the little Elantra wagon is on a longer haul.


Now, I have to go to prepare for the trip. Later for you...

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: