Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Spirits Are With Me...

...and now I must choose between them. I found a place called Total Wine and decided to give it a shot in my search for a bottle of Knappogue Castle Single Malt Irish Whiskey. Despite the name - Total Wine, this place was a total spirits emporium. It had just about everything a mortal soul could desire when it came to spirits, from wine to Champagne to beer to ale to cider to cordials to hard spirits of all sorts. Being in this place could be pretty trying if you went in looking for nothing in particular if only because they have such a wide variety. I sort of knew what I wanted, the Knappogue Castle and maybe an Ommegang Abbey Ale or two.

What I decided on was a bit more than that: one bottle of Knappogue Castle Single Malt Irish Whiskey, two bottles of Ommegang Abbey Ale, two bottles of Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weiss Bier (probably the first weiss bier I have tasted some 36 or 37 years ago) and a half case of Paulaner Hefe Weiss Bier (maybe my favorite hefe weiss bier). That should last me awhile, potentially for the remainder of my stay here since I also already had two or three bottles of wine. Now while I could easily finish it all by myself, that would be a lot of drinking to do alone, so I suppose I'll have to pass out the invites to some of my coworkers.

Right now, I am enjoying a Hacker-Pschorr Weiss Bier. Absolutely fantastic! It went well with my dinner of steak smothered in onions and shrooms along with a couple of eggs. The bier is supplying most of my carbs this evening. Mmmmm good.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: