Friday, November 13, 2009

The First Hunt of the Season...

...will commence, for me, sometime tomorrow. I am driving up to where I hope to hunt deer next weekend on a bit of a scouting trip. Of course I'll lug along a shotgun just in case I run across any turkey's or gray squirrels. That would make for a nicer Thanksgiving dinner in a couple of weeks but then again chances are that I'll be the only turkey in the woods. I was planning on leaving earlier tonight but only got home from work at about 8:30PM, so a trip tonight of about 200 miles to a Motel 6 in Binghamton was out of the picture. I've now got my sights set on about 7 or 8 Am as a departure time. Yeah, I know that is late but that is okay by me because I still have to grab some hunting clothes out of the shed. I was not about to do that tonight in the dark with it being as windy and as rainy as it is outside tonight. Of course I may leave a bit earlier, but not by much. If I get a half a day in the woods, then spend the night nearby, then get out into the woods again on Sunday for most of the day - well - I'll be a happy camper even if I will be staying in a motel!

So - no more blogging this weekend until maybe Sunday night depending on when I get home and how I feel when I do. Well, I'll give you one more blog before I retire with a glass of Knappogue castle for the night, it will be a longish one and should keep you reading for awhile if it does not bore you to tears. Have a nice weekend.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: