Monday, September 7, 2009

6 More days - Wish Me Luck Or Buy A Ticket Yourself

The title of this post refers to the fact that Greybeard by way of this post at Greybeard's Gripes was good enough, not all that long ago, to remind me that: On Sunday, September 13, 2009 the Eastern Arenac Sportsmens Club will be holding its annual raffle for 2009. More info on the raffle can be found here. You safely can bet I purchased a few tickets, and you also can bet I was quite surprised because Greybeard threw a couple of freebies my way this year. I have not had any luck on the past couple or three raffles for which I have bought tickets from this club so I guess he was feeling sorry for me which is okay by me! Nice guy.

If you went to the link above for more info on the raffle, you can see there are some really good prizes being offered - all firearms. In all, there are 10 prizes and as per the site only 700 tickets at most will be sold. Odds of 1 out of 70 seem pretty decent to me - if it does to you why not see if they still have any tickets for sale. If you are not going to buy a ticket or a few, then please wish me luck. If you are buying a ticket, now that I told you about this raffle, well then I wish you luck. Of course I want to win, but with 10 prizes there is a lot of winning to go around. I have got to say, that 1st prize sure sounds extra nice since Brendan and I have been hoping to get a bolt action rifle in .308; then again all of them sound nice.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

Good Luck Glenn, and thanks for the plug.

Ticket sales have been going great this year. I usually pick up a couple of the leftovers at the clubgrounds just before the drawing, but from what I'm hearing, there might not be any leftovers. :-)