Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A-Star

Yeeeeeee-haaaah - I spent about 3 1/2 hours today in an A-Star Helicopter with a Customs & Border Protection pilot out of Tucson. never having been in a helicopter before I will readily admit to a bit of apprehension before we took off, but once the skids left the ground it was all exhilaration. We flew south west of Tucson and assisted a few Border Patrol Agents who were on the ground looking for a group of illegals. Never found them but we did spot a horse skeleton, two coyotes, about 30-40 jackrabbits, probably the same number of cattle, a few flocks of doves, several vultures, a few hawks, and so forth. I had a blast and am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to do it a few more times before I leave the area.

Here is a link to a video of an A-Star, not of the one I was in mind you, just something I found on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSep9lkfwQ

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: