Thursday, April 23, 2009

The ICE is melting...

...apparently from the top down, or so it seems. I just heard, on the news, that there have been calls for the resignation of Janet Napolitano as the head of DHS (parent department of ICE, the agency for which I work). cannot say that I am surprised after the things she has been saying and doing recently - things like what she said about 'right wing extremists' totally leaving out those on the left and seeming to implicate military veterans, gun owners, religious people, and those opposed to illegal immigration as prime candidates to become extremists, with her saying the 9/11 terrorists came into the USA from Canada, her stance on Work Site Enforcement investigations, her giving illegal aliens work permits, and the list goes on and on.

I get the feeling that many Americans are beginning to think it is amateur hour in our federal government lately, especially in the cases of political appointees selected by the president. As for me, well I'll keep my opinion on this one to myself, sort of job security by doing so.

No comments: