Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CheaperThanDirt.com - What Do They Know That We Do Not?

I am referring to the price of Wolf 7.62x39 Military Classic Ammo at CheaperThanDirt.com. It is a whopping $399.99 per case of 1,000 rounds as shown on their website today 01/28/2009. So I checked over at Sportmansguide.com - they apparently are out of it and do not even show Wolf 7.62x39 at all on their site. I also checked at Ammoman.com, they are out of stock. I then checked at AimSurplus.com and they did not have any listed in the caliber. I also checked with CenterfireSystems.com and they do not show any 7.62x39 ammo, well not real ammo anyway, they do have blanks for sale. Nor does ClassicArms.us show any ammo in this caliber for sale.

JGSales.com has Golden Tiger 7.62x39 FMJ with steel cases available (as per their website, who knows if they actually have any) going for $239.00 per case of 1,000 rounds. I do not have the money or I would be trying to order a case from them. (Thanks to my son's college, I will be paying about $295 just for two books for one Biology class. I cannot wait to see how much the books for his other 4 classes will cost.) We have some 7.62x39 on hand, I am guessing enough to last a year of shooting if we dole it out carefully, and then some. Lucky for us I bought ammo as soon as the presidential election results were in.

If you need any 7.62x39 ammunition, I strongly recommend (where legal) that you try to find some at a decent price and then buy as much as you can afford. Then store it for a rainy day, or something like that. Chances are that things will not be getting much better any time soon with the most rabidly anti-gun administration in place in Washington in our lifetimes.

All the best,
Glenn B

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using Amazon for the books. That's what I did and saved a ton of money. Search by the title of the book and then look for the used books. I highly recommend this.

Glenn B said...

I'll try it thanks. We buy used ones when we can find em, I'll look there since the Barnes & Noble main store in NYC did not have em used.

All the best,
GB

Anonymous said...

.... the cost of ammo is even skyrocketing down here in Tennessee, man.... and we're the "Patron State of Shooting Stuff"....

Eric

Anonymous said...

Ammo prices,,,, kind of scary isn't it. I posted a gripe about them last year, but, it would be kind of nice to find ammo at those prices now. :-(