Wednesday, June 4, 2008

She Would Not Concede Last Night...

...and she made that freaky comment about staying in until the end because one never knows what might happen then essentially referenced the assassination of Robert Kennedy in that same statement. It has to make one wonder, in a creepy sort of way, is she expecting, hoping, wanting something to happen that will destroy the candidacy of Barack Obama tomorrow or two days from now being that RK was shot on the 5th and died on the 6th? I am not a supporter of either Clinton or Obama, and only support McCain as the better of three evils, but I have to say I hope for the sake of America and American Politics that Clinton has the decency to concede defeat, or announce that she is staying in it, on a day other than tomorrow or this Friday. If she comes out with some freaky announcement that she is staying in it, or that she is dropping out on the anniversary of the assassination, well then she has no shame - none at all. If Barack Obama and she announce on either of these days that she will become the vice presidential candidate that too is beyond the scope of decency. Finally, if the Republican Party, or any conservative, releases the rumored and so called Michelle Obama smoking gun on either of these days it will be likewise a shameful piece of timing; that of course being if the so called smoking gun exists. I did not care much for any of the Kennedys, I thought they were a bunch of typical boss Tweed politicians, but I will respect the fact that two were gunned down, one is suffering from brain cancer, and their family is going through tough times again. So I give them the respect due and I for one would not want to go out of my way to attack, use to advantage them or their political ideology, or exploit their fates over the next couple of days because it would be reprehensible to do so on the anniversary of RK's assassination and death. I certainly hope that the current political figures do likewise, it is merely a common courtesy to do so; but I have got to say I get that feeling that something creepy is about to come down.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: