Monday, May 19, 2008

An Open Apology

It seems I may have inadvertently offended Xavier with my below post:
http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/2008/05/firearms-creed-regarding-concealed.html

It was never my intent to belittle his creed, nor opinion, nor to insult him in any manner. If there was a perceived insult within my words, please allow me to assure Xavier and the rest of you, that such was totally unintentional on my part. I wrote what I did as a discussion of Xavier's piece, and as an expression of my opinion about carrying of firearms, and I would hope it is viewed as nothing more that that. For any insult that was taken, or if my blog somehow conveyed to anyone that I was being disrespectful, I do apologize.

To make sure I am understood, I am apologizing for my words allowing for an apparent perceived insult or perceived lack of respect; I am not apologizing for my discussion of the creed, nor am I saying that my opinion expressed in my reply has changed; and it is a sincere apology - absolutely no disrespect was intended.

All the best,
Glenn B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... it is just my simple opinion, but I would suggest that you drink more..... not while carrying, of course, but it would definitely take some of the seriousness off of your blogposts.....

... to each his own, my friend...... and may we each read with understanding, drink in friendship, and shoot in competition (and very, very seldomly in self-defense).....

Eric

Glenn B said...

I don't know about drinking more; while I probably don't drink enough there is a fine line between enough and too much that I am not wanting to cross. Maybe I would just be better off not commenting on other folks blogs. I do tend to comment very seriously on subjects like carrying firearms, and even I can understand how someone could sometimes take one of my replies as being too serious.

MightyMom said...

well for goodness sake don't stop commenting on MY blog!!!

serious can be good.

Xavier said...

Glenn,
Thank you, but while I appreciate your apology, it is totally unnecessary. I am far from insulted.

These things do merit discussion and introspection, because the decisions we make while weilding a gun may affect us the rest of our lives. If one is not at peace with one's own decisions, derived from a profound look inside oneself and outward at their world, then the tragedy of having to defend one's life will tear them apart.

Rather than accept any creed of mine as a complete whole cloth version of what things should be, I hope that everyone reading it will look within themselves and use it to determine what is right for themselves.

Best regards,
Xav

Glenn B said...

Xavier,

Sometimes I think I come off too strong when making a point. I left the apology because I figured this may have been one of those times. Thank you for understanding and for being so nice, I would hate to be a bad terms with you or with anyone whose blog I enjoy.

All the best,
Glenn B